The ultimate free entertainment in the Twin Cities each summer! Free outdoor movies!
There’s nothing better than bringing blankets and chairs to the neighborhood park, popping some popcorn, toting along a flashlight and some glow necklaces and having fun under the stars!
This guide will list EVERY free outdoor movie in the Twin Cities! Best of all, instead of just a list you have to scroll through, we created an ENTIRE CATEGORY in our Kids & Family Calendar so that they’ll pop up on your phone as they’re scheduled and show up in our regular list of Kid and Family events in the Twin Cities!
No lists to keep track of! No posts to bookmark! Just hop on our calendar and everything is listed by the day it’s showing including maps to the movies!
STAY CONNECTED ON THE GO
Have you added our Kids & Family Calendar to your phone’s home screen yet? Just make a shortcut (check the bookmarks setting in your phone’s browser for a “Home” option) and it works just like an app! You’ll always know when and where fun is happening in the Twin Cities this summer!
Here’s the link to make your shortcut: http://guide.twincitiesmoms.com/calendar
We’re adding more and more of these free outdoor movies every single day as cities and park departments announce them so keep checking our calendar!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook for even more great summer info! Over 21,000 other Twin Cities Moms already are!
Some tips for free outdoor movies in the Twin Cities:
1. Bring bug spray! This is the Twin Cities after all!
2. Some locations sell concessions, but consider popping your own popcorn and packing your own drinks to save money and save trips to the concession stand.
3. Dress warm. You know the Twin Cities! It can be 80 and humid at 6pm and downright chilly by the time the sun sets! Bring a layer for the top and maybe a thin blanket for bare legs.
4. Get there early! Movies that start at dusk typically start seating at least an hour in advance. Save a great spot with a large blanket and explore the parks to pass the time. Bring some distractions if you have little ones….card games, a small board game or a ball.
5. As long as you’re there early, scope out the bathroom situation BEFORE the movie starts and before it gets dark! Bring a flashlight to make trips to the bathroom easier.
Enjoy! We only get a few months of really fantastic weather so make the most of them with a movie under the stars!